What is Kambo?
Kambo is the name given to the waxy, secretion of a tree frog that is used by the indigenous tribes to heal and strengthen the body, mind and spirit. The latin name for this frog is Phyllomedusa bicolor. It is more commonly known as the “Giant Green Monkey Tree Frog.” This frog lives in the upper region of the Amazon Rainforest where the natives use it to gain strength, immunity, cure illnesses, aid in “hunting magic” and also to get rid of “panema” (bad luck).
Kambo is legal in the United Kingdom, and is not psychoactive. It is, however, a deep cleansing therapy physically, emotionally and mentally.
The frogs live in the trees and are nocturnal, and have very few known natural predators.
Kambo Scientific studies show that Phyllomedusa bicolor poison is made up of many peptides that are beneficial to the human body. Some of these peptides traverse the blood-brain barrier and stimulate the endocrine glands of the brain, resulting in an immune effect and a deep cleanse of the body.
Kambo may have antibiotic properties and is known to strengthen the immune system..
Kambo is traditionally known to be anti-inflammatory, to relieve joint pain, to heal eyesight, and to ease pain.
Kambo peptides, and their effects, are reported to and may help with a wide range of potential medical uses: treatment of brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, depression, migraines, blood circulation problems, vascular insufficiency, organ diseases, skin and eyes issues, cancer, fertility problems in women, AIDS, candida, hepatitis, herpes.
Kambo may also bring upon short-term effects such as enhanced resistance to tiredness, hunger and thirst, enhanced state of alertness, capacity to focus and still the mind.
Kambo contains a number of active compounds (which are all peptides):
• Dermorphin — a potent mu-opioid receptor agonist.
• Deltorphin — a very potent delta-opioid receptor agonist.
• Phyllomedusin — a tachykinin which affects the salivary glands, tear ducts, intestines, and bowels; it contracts the smooth muscles, and contributes to violent purging.
• Phyllokinin (and phyllomedusin) — potent blood vessel dilators that also increase the permeability of the blood-brain barrier.
• Phyllocaerulein — which stimulates the adrenal cortex and the pituitary gland, causes a fall in blood pressure, causes tachycardia, and has a potent action on the gastrointestinal smooth muscle, and stimulates gastric, biliary and pancreatic secretions.
• Sauvagine — which stimulates the adrenal cortex, causes a longlasting fall in blood pressure, and causes intense tachycardia.
• Adenoregulin — acts on the adenosine receptors.
• Dermaseptin — a potent antimicrobial for both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, and antiviral for herpes simplex virus.
How is Kambo Harvested?
The frogs are very passive and do not react when picked up because they have no known predators. They are carefully tied by each leg with Palia (straw) strips into an “X” shape. The frogs are “milked” at appropriately-spaced intervals. They are then released and return to their habitat unharmed.
When to Use Kambo?
The indigenous tribes say the main reason to receive the natural vaccine is to remove ‘Panema’ which is the thick cloud of haziness that sits on top of the energy field of a person. ‘Panema’ can also be translated as bad luck, laziness, depression, or confusion. It is the state of being that attracts discomfort and disease. Kambo is said to remove ‘Panema’ and bring the person back to his/her natural state of perfect harmony and highest physical, emotional and spiritual potential, reconnecting one to self. According to the tribes, when nothing is going right in your life, it is the right moment to take Kambo. As well as this energetic clearing effect, Kambo has potent physical benefits also.
How is Kambo Administered?
The medicine is applied to the skin after small superficial burns are made with a red hot ember non fragranced incense stick or traditional amazonian vine(Only the top layer of the skin is gently burned. These are called gates. Traditionally, the points are placed on the lower right leg for women, and for men points are placed on their upper left arm. It would be a good idea to think about where you would like them ahead of time. Please keep in mind that the area chosen must not be disturbed during treatment, as the medicine must remain where it is placed to be effective. The amount of points used will be decided at time of treatment.
There are some people who should not take it; generally, it is not for you if you have, or have had in the past, any of the following conditions (This is not an exhaustive list):
▪ Organ transplant.
▪ Active ulcers.
▪ Addison’s Disease.
▪ Brain issues (any)
▪ Blood clots.
▪ Chemotherapy or radiation treatments of less than 6 weeks afterwards.
▪ Diarrhoea that has lasted for several days(electrolyte imbalance)
▪ Gastric sleeve or band
▪ Serious mental health conditions such as bi-polar, schizophrenia.
▪ Previous psychiatric history must be declared.
▪ Heart issues (any)
▪ Major PTSD
▪ Pancreatic issues
▪ Seriously low blood pressure that requires medication.
▪ Anyone recovering from a major surgical procedure.
▪ Pregnant or breastfeeding women with babies under 6 months.
▪ Within 21 days of giving birth.
▪ Under 18 years of age.
▪ Asthmatic, be sure to bring your inhaler with you.
▪ Diabetics need to bring insulin, testing strips, and food.
▪ Bufo use within 8 weeks prior
▪ Covid Vaccination minimum of 6 weeks prior
▪ Water fasting & fasting 48 hours beforehand
▪ Colonics, enemas, liver flushes, or any water-based detox should be avoided within 2 days before and after taking Kambo.
▪ Anti psychotics
▪ Anti epileptics
▪ Anti diuretics
▪ Alcohol dependency min 2 weeks fully withdrawn
▪ Antibiotics and Kambo are to be kept apart.
▪ All Opioid dependency or opiates taken daily will need to be stopped for a minimum of 2 weeks.
▪ Alcohol or drug use up to 48 hours after kambo.
Preparing for Your Kambo Cleanse
A Minimum of 8 hours prior to your treatment you should NOT consume any food. A small glass of water or 2 is ok to consume during the day of the treatment if needed.
Please bring along 3 litres of water to your kambo treatment
Eat wholesome foods the day before
No alcohol or drugs 48 hours prior and post treatment
Once water has been consumed and we are both happy to proceed we will burn gates in the desired area and apply a test point to observe your reaction to the kambo, this will allow for a decision to be made on the number of points required for treatment.
The additional kambo will then be applied.
The kambo treatment generally lasts around 30-45 minutes. Kambo is a purgative medicine, this can include sweating, vomiting, screaming out, need for toilet.
As with many other healings or medicines, be kind to yourself in the coming days, it takes time(up to 5 days) to process and integrate the changes into the body.
When you have the calling to receive Kambo then you know it is the right time. After the day has been confirmed we shall send you a Health Questionnaire and a disclaimer that MUST BE READ AND SIGNED. Part of the actual Kambo session is discussing the reasons why you wish to work with this plant medicine so by completing the health questionnaire will offer us a starting block for our discussion.