****ON PRE ORDER AVAILABLE MID FEBRUARY***
Responsibly sourced Reishi spagyric elixir. What is a spagyric? Click HERE to find out more.
Reishi Ganoderma lucidum
The Mushroom of Immortality
The Reishi mushroom has been mentioned in Chinese texts from the Han dynasty, about 2,000 years ago. It has also been depicted in ancient paintings, carvings, and pieces of furniture. Giving it the distinction of having the oldest written record of any other medicinal mushroom.
Many believed the mushroom prolonged life and prevented aging. However, because of how difficult it was to find and harvest in the wild, it was quite expensive. Pharaohs, nobles, and Chinese royalty were typically the only ones who could afford it.
The traditional Chinese texts described it as having therapeutic, anti-aging, and tonifying effects. It was also believed to have the ability to strengthen heart function, increase energy, and boost memory capability.
Over 400 different compounds can be found in the mushroom, including:
- Fatty acids
The rich history of use combined with modern studies, provides a strong case for the medicinal benefits of the mushroom.
Depending on what you plan to use the mushroom for, the effectiveness of it may vary. Multiple studies support the Mushroom Benefits to:
Boost the immune system
Increase mental wellness
Further Potential health benefits:
Supports the immune system
Help to detox
Preventing, slowing the spread of, and treating cancer
Regulating the symptoms of various conditions
Improving the health and functioning of various organs, including the heart, liver, and kidneys
Improving mental wellness and decreasing fatigue
Supports gut health
The mushroom also has high nutritional value, being low calorie and high protein. It contains a high amount of fiber, amino acids, and a high proportion of healthy fatty acids.
10 potential benefits of Reishi
- Boost Immune System – contains triterpenoids, proteins, beta-glucans, these 3 together support immune function.
- Fights against cancer. Reishi contains polysaccharides and a natural source of ganoderic acid which suppresses tumour growth, cytotoxic to carcinoma cells, inhibits the growth of lung cancer cells.
In a study of over 4000 breast cancer survivors, 59% consumed reishi.
- Improve Gut Health – polysaccharides may have a prebiotic effect – prebiotics feed probiotics which supports gut health
- Manages fatigue, stress and depression. Reishi is an adaptogen, combats stress by stabilising and maintaining a balance within the body. Reishi Supplements can reduce fatigue in about 4-8 weeks
- Maintain cholesterol levels
- Helps detox – contains antioxidants and can help the body remove toxins and free radicals
- Lower Blood pressure and Improve Heart Health – improving circulation, reducing inflammation and prevent clogged arteries.
- Manage allergies
- Manage Diabetes
- Improve liver function, promotes liver cell health, improve liver function, prevent liver disease.
If you are currently taking any medication or are pregnant or undergoing any treatment, we strongly recommend you consult your medical advisor before taking tinctures.
Disclaimer - We are not a medicinal herbalist or a medical professional. These products are not meant to be used to diagnose, treat, prescribe, prevent or cure any disease or to administer in any manner to any physical ailments and are not intended as a substitute for the medical advice of a trained health professional. We - Mama's Cottage Mushrooms Ltd - cannot be held liable for the decisions and choices you make and/or the outcome of those decisions and choices. You are encouraged to do your own research and consult your heath care professional before treating yourself or anyone else.
Do not use herbal products of any kind if you are nursing, pregnant, taking medications or undergoing treatment for any medical condition without first consulting your health care professional.
Do not undertake any self-treatment while undergoing a prescribed course of medical treatment without first seeking professional advice